Good Morning Love
A collection of thoughts from me to you.
Share and grow with me.
As Always, Something New
- I’m starting a Summer Reading Book Club. Suggestions?I have been putting together a list of books that I want to read as an adult that would be fun and not overly dramatic or too academic. I just want to read something that is straight up interesting for me and will allow me to take my mind offContinue reading “I’m starting a Summer Reading Book Club. Suggestions?”
- Okay, We Need to have a Serious Talk about Sunscreen!Yes, YES, I know that summer is half way over but that doesn’t mean that you can’t burn tomorrow and what kind of sage guide and beauty/skincare researching wizard would I be if I didn’t share all that I learned? Anyways, here is what I learned so far and theContinue reading “Okay, We Need to have a Serious Talk about Sunscreen!”
- I Broke my Instagram and I don’t Know What to DoI’m going to tell you this because I know you won’t tell a soul: I am messing up my Instagram aesthetic and it’s starting to piss me off. I have had a few good pictures in a row but THE LIGHTING that I have done on them has been soContinue reading “I Broke my Instagram and I don’t Know What to Do”
- Let me put you on Game: A Maison Margiela Fragrance HackHere’s some free game for you girls who are looking for a new fragrance to try and also enjoy a more warm and full bodied scent. My favorite perfumer, who shall remain nameless (but if you live in the DFW area I might send him your way for the priceContinue reading “Let me put you on Game: A Maison Margiela Fragrance Hack”
- When you know better, Do better.I am writing this to clear my mind. I feel like I have been working my job for months but it has only been three weeks. I have had trouble writing and getting back in the swing of things. I think it is because I am over thinking everything, somethingContinue reading “When you know better, Do better.”
- What does burnout look like? And how I’m doing my best to fight through it.Some folks have a problem with the DSM getting routine content checks and updates. The DSM or the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5-TR) is a manual DSM-5-TR that details “the standard classification of mental disorders used by mental health professionals in the United States”. It is whatContinue reading “What does burnout look like? And how I’m doing my best to fight through it.”
- Dearly Beloved, How do you CONSIDER this thing called LIFE?Now that I can hang out with more friends, family and acquaintances and I am, supposedly, turning a corner in life and moving onto a new era, I have spent a lot of time thinking. Of course all of the usual questions that we all consider: Why are we here?Continue reading “Dearly Beloved, How do you CONSIDER this thing called LIFE?”
- How many of us… Meetup and make some Real FriendsAt the beginning of the year my little brother told me to join Meetup. An app that helps you to connect with people in your area with similar interests. He suggested that I join so that I could go to events with folks that I already have at least oneContinue reading “How many of us… Meetup and make some Real Friends”
- Self-Help ContinuityTHIS is your reminder to continue your practices that bring you joy and give you peace in the times that you need them most. These practices are the real things that keep you grounded and help you to move forward on your journey through this life. If you don’t doContinue reading “Self-Help Continuity”
- Not me being allergic to the Sun – and 5 other lessons I learned about my favorite Springtime hobbyI typed “staring into the sun” into Google last week just to see what we were working with… because if you know me – you know that absorbing as much sun into my body (my face especially) is my favorite thing to do. But if you know me you alsoContinue reading “Not me being allergic to the Sun – and 5 other lessons I learned about my favorite Springtime hobby”
- A Spring Surprise! An UPDATE for our NUDE SHOE LIST!I had a little time in between meetings over the weekend so I stopped in our favorite store, Nordstrom, and perused the shoe section. It’s spring and I figured that I would take a look at some of the in-between offerings that have been put out to tide us allContinue reading “A Spring Surprise! An UPDATE for our NUDE SHOE LIST!”
- A Match-less Marriage: Do Matches from Online Dating Apps even Marry?It was Nora Ephron’s 1998 romantic comedy, You’ve Got Mail, that introduced many of us to the concept of online dating and matchmaking. Since then both the phenomenon and the means by which we practice it have gone through many iterations. Some strange (Bristlr: A dating app for men withContinue reading “A Match-less Marriage: Do Matches from Online Dating Apps even Marry?”
- My *SECRET* to Longer and Thicker Natural HairMy whole life I have been focused on one thing with my hair: growing it longer. I have been natural my whole life, so as a Black girl, it has been a long journey filled with ups and downs due to my time in sports (I sweat a ton.), theContinue reading “My *SECRET* to Longer and Thicker Natural Hair”
- How to Empty your Head but still Get Sh*t DoneI am not going to hold you… I have many *necessary* articles that I have planned to write on this blog over the past few years BUT every week life gets in the way and I end up writing about what’s on my heart and mind. I digress. I amContinue reading “How to Empty your Head but still Get Sh*t Done”
- An ODE to Underwire – The Best Sports Bras that I could find for Larger BustsI have not had a super comfortable sports bra to work out in since college (honestly high school). So I have not worked out super steadily since then. It was always hard to make sure that that my boobs weren’t flying around while trying whatever new workout routine that IContinue reading “An ODE to Underwire – The Best Sports Bras that I could find for Larger Busts”
I Wish, I Wish with all my Heart
We are on the down slope of Summer now and I want you all to know that I have been doing my very best to make the most of my Summer months for the first time in a very long time. I have never been able to be this free and do this many things and talk to this many people. I am having the time of my life.
Honestly, it has overwhelming at some points. I am not going to lie…but I am having so much fun. It is so crazy to be in a new city but a city that I love and I am trying to take advantage of that. Wish me luck.
Let’s be friends! Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.
Stay in THE KNOW: Forbes has released their Top 20 US and International vacation spots for the summer. They usually know what they are talking about so CLICK HERE and take a look.